All the benefits of acupuncture without the needles! And more!!
What is Jin Shin Do® Acupressure?
“Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® uses gentle yet deep finger pressure on specific acu-points together with Body Focusing techniques to help release armoring or chronic tension, and balance the Qi or energy. This clothes-on method helps relieve stress- and trauma-related problems. Developed by psychotherapist Iona Marsaa Teeguarden, this bodymind approach is a unique synthesis of a traditional Japanese acupressure technique, classic Chinese acupressure theory, Reichian segmental theory, Taoist philosophy and Qigong (breathing and exercise techniques). JSD Acupressure promotes a pleasant trancelike state, in which one can move out of the head and into the body, accessing feelings and inner wisdom. “Jin Shin Do” means The Way of the Compassionate Spirit.”
What are the benefits of Jin Shin Do® Acupressure?
The primary goal of Jin Shin Do® Acupressure is to raise the recipient’s awareness of chronic tension or holding patterns within the body, and to help release these blockages. Once these blockages are released, qi (vital energy) flows smoothly throughout the body and healing of the affected areas may occur, as well as a whole-body sense of physical ease and harmony.
- it promotes the flow of Qi or life force in the body
- it alleviates emotional stress and anxiety
- it relaxes and releases muscular tension anywhere in the body
- it can help make your pregnancy a much more pleasant experience (prenatal care, inducement, labour, postnatal care)
- it has been used to relieve the following common conditions:
- neck, shoulder and back tension or pain
- joint problems, arthritis
- headaches, migraines
- digestive difficulties
- chest and respiratory difficulties
- sinus problems
- sleep problems such as insomnia
- menstrual/menopausal difficulties
- pelvic tension
*Full Jin Shin Do ® Acupressure Session: with assessment and treatment. The initial assessment will involve discussion, acu-point palpation and pulse reading.
* Acupressure Facial (Facial Rejuvenation): working with acupressure points on the neck, face and head, releasing tension and improving circulation throughout these areas as well as the rest of the body. The main points in the neck are known as “Windows of the Sky,” and by opening these, the connection between your mind and heart opens. It can bring relief to sinus problems, headaches, jaw tension (TMJ), and neck tension. Extremely relaxing. It will leave you beaming!
During an Acupressure Session:
You will be lying on your back, fully clothed, on a massage table. Generally, two acupressure points will be held simultaneously. One will be a point of tension, the other a related point that will enhance the release process. You set the level of pressure. As the points are held, you will be invited to focus your breath and awareness into particular areas of the body, to communicate what you are experiencing, or to do certain visualizations.
Jin Shin Do®
For more information about Jin Shin Do® Acupressure, please visit:
Jin Shin Do® Acupressure is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment or cure of disease. It is a relaxation therapy, and a useful adjunct to licensed, qualified medical or psychological care. For any persistent pain or symptom, even a seemingly minor one, the reader is strongly encouraged to consult a medical doctor. When used in conjunction with standard medical treatment, the Jin Shin Do® Acupressure technique can assist the healing process by releasing tension, decreasing stress and encouraging a sense of increased well-being.